Amsted Rail is a globally integrated manufacturer. Railroads, as well as car builders, owners, and leasing companies rely on us to provide components and innovative systems for freight cars and locomotives, repair and service, track maintenance and location and condition monitoring. From the big picture to the finest details, Amsted Rail is continuously improving the heavy haul landscape.
We are currently looking for a Sr. SAP Business Analyst - Production Planning at our plant office located in Granite City, Illinois.
SAP system and business process analyst for Production Planning (PP) directly responsible for the successful delivery and support of the PP domain which encompasses manufacturing plants throughout North America. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work with the SAP user community to support, maintain, and enhance the PP domain and related processes
• Act as PP Subject Matter Expert including the ability to understand existing processes, clarify and define problems, recommend and deliver solutions
• Provide guidance by assessing key strategic process improvements and executing system changes to support these initiatives
• Rely on broad experiences in manufacturing industry to identify new business system opportunities, generate conceptual design, prototype alternatives, author functional specifications, and work closely with key business users to implement
• Ensure business requirements and technical direction is consistent with global design across all business units
• Team oriented role involving cross-functional teamwork with Quality Management, Finance/Controlling, Materials Management, Sales and Distribution, SCM (APO) Demand Planning, Plant Maintenance, ABAP developers, and other teams to address technical and process issues
• Four-year college degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• 7+ years of experience in repetitive manufacturing and/or some combination of discrete manufacturing environments(s) with clear understanding of SAP integration points and business processes
• 5+ years of hands-on configuration experience with SAP PP, Application Process Design, and Project Methodologies. Includes technical familiarity with analyzing custom function modules/ABAP, troubleshooting and working with developers to identify resolutions.
• SAP Certification desired in Planning & Manufacturing
• Detailed work experience with MRP, work centers, bills of materials, routings, product cost collectors, production versions, back flushing, finite/infinite scheduling, demand planning, capacity planning, planning table, and other standard SAP PP capabilities
• Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate across multiple facets of the organization
• Strong analytical and management skills, ability to think critically while evaluating requirements to understand implications and benefits of solution alternatives
• Exhibits solid understanding of SAP best practices with the ability to transform these processes into executable solutions
Through competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud. If you are open to relocation, there are also vast advancement opportunities within the Amsted Corporation.
We offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We are 100% employee owned.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.amstedrail.com.